I've been unfaithful but I'm really enjoying the excitement, the thrill, the newness.

I've fallen in love with something else - Spinning.  As I have mentioned in my previous podcasts, I started out hating it but it was just the fiber I hated.  Now I have practiced on some BFL and now I'm onto the "Faux Cashmere" I'm LOVING it and to be honest it's a really nice change from all the knitting I was doing.

Trust me, I hear my knitting calling me *Knit me! Knit me! I'm so close to be complete*  I hear it and sure I'll pick it up when it starts to really taunt me but I knit a few stitches then continue with my spinning.  I just can't help it.  It's a different calm, it's a different feeling and I'm very much enjoying it.  I love watching it form into yarn that I'll someday use to make a knitting project.  I love seeing the colours change and  become something so  pretty.  I know that's all done with knitting as well but it's just different.

I promise I'll get back to my knitting but I'm just way to excited about the progress I've made with my drop spindle.  I can't stop and you know what, I won't justify why I should!  So there you have it.  I'm cheating on my knitting with spinning and I'm pretty sure that's how it's going to be for just a little while longer.  And so be it, I'm allowed!

Are you a multi-crafter, do you ever feel  like your "cheating" on one craft with another, if so, what?

I'd love to hear your stories.



Leave a Reply

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Pages - Menu